Thread: Still not there
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
dorothyparker

It's true, drinking excessively does make one look puffy...Have you guys aver seen this documentary Rain in my heart ?

It can help someone quit or it can make them think they're nowhere as bad as these guys. I cried.

And yes, quitting when ahead is wise. But why do people relapse ? If it's for good, shouldn't it be irrevocable ? That's why I'll do it when I'm ready but soon!

For my cigarettes addiction, a pack and a half a day, I waited until 2007 and never touched one since. It was irrevocable in my head. I always thought it was harder than booze but that's because I never quit booze more than 3 months I guess. But the withdrawal symptoms were much more atrocious with cigarettes. One could say the short term ones are worst for ciggies for the protracted ones (over years and years) of drinking are worse...

Anyways, thank you, for my first time here, It's crazy active. I hope I will be able to contribute to other threads too. I feel prickly and sensitive but I,ll get thicker skin, and more open I promise.