Thread: Drunklish
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 06:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Yup... I got those angry drunken emails A LOT right after we first separated. Keeping myself under control and not responded showed him that I meant it when I said, "I'm DONE!"

It was so hard though because my ex knew all the buttons to push to get me to engage and play his stupid little game. In time (10 months later!) - it's SOOO much easier. In fact, it shocks me sometimes now how easy it is to not react. I look back and feel so bad for the old me... how easily she got swept up in the drunken $hitstorm.

Oh... and Thumper, my XAH does the SAME crap whenever the discussion of child support comes up!! He whines/pisses moans about how broke he is, all the expenses he has, blah-blah-blah. I used to engage and say, "Well it's your own damn fault! You blow all your money at the bar, on the huge stupid house, the damn pool..." (i could go on and on)... and then I realized that I was far better off just keeping my mouth shut. We have a court ordered agreement for a fair and reasonable child support. Pay it jerk. End of discussion.

Hee-hee!!! Hang in there Lulu!!