Thread: Drunklish
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thumper

It means he's feeling hot headed and self-righteous. He's also probably drunk.

I think my ex is sober and I still don't answer any of his emails unless there is a reasonable question in there, and even then I sometimes regret it.

He recently asked me how much $$ he owed on child support, saying he couldn't figure it out. I generally only answer questions that directly relate to the kids in some way and ignore all the rest. Like a complete dumb ass, I told him. Well it was apparently more than he thought so there was a barrage of emails. They were not nice and then he figured out that I was actually correct and then he still kept sending them. He was telling me about his expenses and purchases. Mind you I had sent one email, with nothing more then the calculations of child support owed. I didn't even make a comment about him owing it. So he said I wish I could quit contacting you. I am tired of telling you all this. blah blah blah. I finally got sick of getting all of those emails and replied. "I have never asked you one time how much money you have or what you spend it on. I don't care and it isn't any of my business." Mercifully the emails finally stopped - only because he is sober or the firestorm would still be going I imagine.

Based on my experience I would suggest ignoring that last email and all the emails to follow unless there is a pertinent piece of child related information that you need to respond to or information to share.

And I love the word Drunklish

hang in there. Things won't always be so bumpy. I was more and more able to detach from all that crap as time went on and this last round irritated me but a slight irritation is far from the turmoil it used to cause.

The telling him part was such a lapse into how I used to interact with him. He would always say he couldn't figure this or that out and I'd come rushing in with all the answers. I should have definitely just ignored that request and let him figure it out himself (which he did do because he didn't believe me) because in that split second - we were right back at dysfunction junction.