View Single Post
Old 11-02-2004, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
krlava

Thanks! I am at the end of my rope. My husband went to a friends' house last night to watch football and said he'd be back in a little while. I usually go with him, but last night I didn't want to, so he said he would go for "just a while". Well, I figured he'd watch the game, drink (of course), maybe smoke pot, and come home. He didn't come home until 1:00 am. It started snowing here last night, and the conditions were bad, so I was worried. Anyway, he took advantage of the situation and stayed out and partied. Didn't let me know what was going on. Usually, those who go over to watch Monday night football leave right after the game, and it's over early. Now I'm wondering why this was different. Our friend who's house it was is a woman and is my husband's best friend, essentially. She's an alcoholic and smokes pot as well, so they have a lot in common. She has helped him out and been a really good friend to both of us, but now I'm wondering if there's feelings there. I never thought that he'd cheat on me, but things have been tense between us lately with me going to counseling and generally not being happy.

I wonder horrible things. I know they're really close friends, he's said she's like his sister before, but I know when your partner and you are distant, you can turn to others who are like you for comfort. Sigh....sometimes I think I wouldn't even care if he cheated. It would be an easy OUT for me. Crazy.

Well, thanks again for reading this. I appreciate being able to VENT!! Kelli~*