View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

There is some 'psychological speak' that infiltrates the into the AA meeting rooms. Most of this 'speak' is counter-wise to the AA 12 Step program. I think trying to discern what the program of AA is or not by only attending meetings will cause much confusion. Best to read the book.

Originally Posted by lohan
Maybe a bit off topic
LOL That's okay, more than a few threads go that way.

Originally Posted by lohan
but an old gentleman that first welcomed me into my clubhouse was an outspoken atheist. I'm agnostic, so it helped me to keep coming back knowing I could still work the program. When he passed away earlier this year another oldtimer stood up in one of our large meetings and declared he couldn't have been atheist because he sponsored people in the program, and atheists do not know how to love anyone.
I'm happy you were able to connect to an AA member that helped you in AA. Service to others is golden standard. As for the atheist hatter, yea they say some funky stuff. I'm surprised this individual didn't add we (I'm atheist) 'eat babies too'...LOL

P.S. Lohan you have to read this: A.A. is NOT a selfish program. I get a big grin on my face every time I reed it. Check out these sites too: