View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 06:07 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
milo88

Erk! This is a bit of a scary subject, but I think I have experienced this too - or something I didn't at all understand.
My closest friend became an addict. We remained close for a while, but over the years, and also struggling with my ex's addiction problems, I distanced myself from her and she was angry about that.
My last conversation with her was kind of frightening. She was saying all kinds of things, hurtful things, and emotionally violent things, and as she was speaking I was getting frightened. I thought to myself, Oh my God, you're really sick - and she repeated those exact words. Then I was thinking, who are you? She repeated those exact words too. Then I thought, what is happening here? I don't understand. She repeated those exact words also. Like she was reading my mind. There was more...
It probably doesn't sound like it, but it was really frightening. I felt almost like she was inside me or something?? I know it sounds crazy.
I knew her from when we were children, six years old, I thought I knew her like the back of my own hand - now I don't feel like I know her at all and have remained scared of her since that phone call.
I haven't been quite the same since that phone call either because it feels like if I don't know her, who do I know? And what was going on in that conversation?
There are things in this life that nobody can ever explain. I still miss the person I once knew so well. I still hope she gets better. I don't think I'll ever understand what was going on back then. It scares me even talking about it! )-: