View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 05:39 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
seventytimes7

Originally Posted by kmangel View Post
He probably did pray for your son. I can't imagine a priest or any member of a religious organization making a hospital visit and not praying. Kind of goes with the territory. What the priest could have done, though, had you asked is pray for you, too. We need prayer as much as anyone, especially during difficult times such as these.

Do you believe your son is a Christian? I know some people believe Christians can be possessed, but I don't. I believe they can be oppressed (influenced by demons)--but not possessed. Possession is reserved for those who do not have the Holy Spirit residing in them. If your son is a Christian, if you believe as I do, then you can at least have some comfort knowing as bad as it is, your son is not actually possessed.
Dear kmangel: If the definition of "Christian" is having the Holy Spirit in dwelling, then there would have to be evidence of this, i.e.: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Since I don't see the fruit, I guess I would have to assume he is not. :-( But I will add that only God Almighty can see the heart. NO ONE ELSE. So I have to leave these matters to Him alone.

The priest did pray and offered me communion that night by my son's bedside. It was a beautiful experience of grace for me and I'll never forget his kindness (I am not a Catholic, so he was bending the rules a bit).

And who knows, maybe I was having PTSD. I know I haven't been emotionally "right" since the night this happened. I'm grateful for Al-Anon and SR and I know I'll heal eventually, but the wound is deep and I'm still really hurting right now. :-(