View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Roguey

Sick of Playing the Game

My mother is the alcoholic. She doesn't drink everyday, but likes to go on benders that seem to last longer and longer lately. She is verbally and physically abusive to my father during these. Only verbally abusive to me when I was still in the house. When she is not drinking, she is a lovely woman. But as she gets further into her disease I just don't know how to treat her anymore. I feel like I am rewarding her for bad behavior when I am kind to her when she is sober. I know punishing an alcoholic does nothing, but for my own sake I don't know how much longer I can pretend everything is great when she is sober, particularly because it's only a matter of time before shes wasted and going nuts again.

My father has stayed with her this whole time because of this crazy cycle. Forgetting the bad as much as possible when things are good. Now she's been doing worse and worse and refusing help. He's talking about moving out and I truly hope he does before she has the time to trick us all again.

Sorry for the rambling post, seems it's the only kind I can make on here, much like the way this all pours out to kind souls when they offer to listen.