Old 10-10-2012, 08:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Hi BobbyJ,
I can understand the bitterness. For you, sober throughout your ordeal with him, time crawled by very slowly as you dealt with the fallout of your finances, your business, and your children, not to mention your own emotions. For him, he was drunk until just a few months ago. He didn't have to feel any of that. So of course this is easier on him in that respect.

I got a few "sorry's" from my ex, and nothing to the kids. And he's been "sober" for almost two years (so he says). I have given up on any hope that he'd really acknowledge just how bad it was for me and my children. Honestly, I don't think he believes anything was ever "that bad", and I have "made up most of that in my own mind" (kind of paraphrasing from past conversations).

Just because someone gets sober and goes to AA, collecting their coins and eating cake does not make them a good man, one who honors his commitments, takes responsibility for himself and his actions/behavior, and who practices full accountability in life. It makes them a sober man. There is a huge difference.

No contact really helps me deal with residual emotions. Maybe you are finding that you are better off simply not having him in your life at all?