Old 10-06-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
PerhapsLove

I, too, am fairly new to dealing with addiction. My daughter dropped deep into alcoholism 2 years ago and then moved in with a heroin addict she met in rehab. Of course she became a heroin and cocaine addict, too, which I only learned a few days ago. These boards have been so helpful to me and I urge you to keep reading and posting. There is a tremendous amount of support here.

The hardest part for me has been letting go of the worrying about what she is doing. If she doesn't answer calls or texts I worry that she has overdosed. Although I am fearful of what will happen to her in jail, I now believe it would be the best place for her.

I agree with the posts that say you need to distance yourself from him. If he won't even admit to you that he is using, he certainly isn't ready for treatment. Because you love him, you will have a hard time doing this. But understand that you can't fix him. He is in control of that. You do need to take care of yourself. I am happy for you that you have family and friends who will be there for you. That will make a difference.

Hugs and prayers. We have been dragged into a life that we never would have chosen for ourselves. But we can escape.