Old 10-06-2012, 03:31 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
runner1981

I just got home after being out for several hours with my best friend. We went out for a late lunch and did our grocery shopping together. When I came home, my fiance's former best friend and his wife were waiting for me in my driveway (they had mentioned getting together today after they found out this was going on again). My fiance used to work with both of them at their old job at a psychiatric hospital before they all got laid off last spring. His former best friend will have nothing to do with my fiance anymore because of the drugs and constant lies over the span of the past year, maybe a little more. It's so sad because they were like brothers and did EVERYTHING together for 6 years, both at work and outside of work. He was almost in tears when he was saying how much he misses his best friend, but that he just can't be around him or be associated with him because of all of this. He was telling me things that my fiance told him and other coworkers that were outright lies that totally blew me away. My best friend, who also has always been equally good friends with my fiancé all these years, was there to hear all of it and she was blown away, too. All 4 of us stood in my driveway in tears over the loss of the man we knew, the loving, caring, fun, funny, awesome person he used to be, but he is no longer that person. None of us can help him. We all have to step back and let him hit rock bottom himself. His former best friend pretty much firmed up the fact that it was bath salts that he's been into this past year. They are scared to death for my safety, the safety of my home, the safety of my vehicle, the safety of my money, and the safety of my expensive belongings. I know I need him out of here so that he can hit rock bottom on his own without me or anyone else continuously coming to his rescue. I don't know how to approach this. I'm scared to death and the guilt is overwhelming, but the only thing I can do for him at this point is remove him from my life, at least until he proves he has gotten serious, serious help and cleaned himself up. I don't know when or if that will ever happen. Just as I expected, he was still sound asleep when got home, sleeping off his 2-3-day binge.