Thread: His Big Night
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aquiana

His Big Night

Well, last night was sort of a big night for the bf. We didn't want to stay home last night so we decided to go out. Most of our friends are drinkers so of course they were all at the bar. We decided to go there anyway, even though the bf has been sober for over a month now and I was pretty worried about how he'd do with his old drinking buddies in a lounge. It's the first time he's been in a situation in which he was surrounded by alcohol and with people he drank with on a regular basis. Much to my surprise, he never touched a drop of beer all night! I was so proud of him!!! They asked him why he wasn't drinking, he said he was taking a break and hadn't had any for a month and some and he stayed sober all night. I thought he'd at least have a couple but he stuck it out with none. There was a couple times I noticed he seemed a little uncomfy, but he didn't give in. I just had to share this because I am so impressed with him. I don't think he has any idea how happy this makes me. He must really want to change. Thank goodness!