Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

There is a long road ahead for us when we finally decide to have no more of this garbage that all alcoholics do, the secrecy and lying. This is a challenge like no other with so much at stake.

Drinking out of boredom was a trap I fell into too, and I realize that there was nothing more boring than me. Drink all day, think about drinking all day, pass out somewhere, regain consciousness, throw up and try to get that first drink down without losing all of it. Rinse and repeat. Now that is boring.

There may be only one chance for you to succeed, and you will do well if you understand it like that. The reward for you is a new life, a new way of living, free of the anxiety and depression, the shame and guilt. There really is no alternative, as you seem to appreciate now.

You are not responsible to anyone but yourself in this lifestyle you have, and it seems that you are selling yourself short. You have made a courageous beginning, affguy, and I believe that you will most definitely succeed at getting and staying sober.

You can do this, and you may do this, too, because the ability lies within you. Keep posting here because there is a lot of support for you.