Thread: how to know
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
misterritter

I do have a plan. This holiday weekend I will be spending time with my mom and my sister far away from where I live, and I don't plan on doing anything other than going out for dinner with an old friend where I will probably have a couple of beers one night in terms of drinking. I have never had a problem going out and having only a few beers, it is when I am at home that the trouble happens.

This may not sound like much of a plan but the past few christmases i have spent down there involve me drinking more and more of my fathers stash of liquor after everyone else has gone to sleep. So, if I can have a healthy relationship with alcohol, and even have some nights of no drinks, I will return home and try to manage my drinking without quitting. If I am unable to do that down there, or it returns to 'bad' levels once I return home, I will try to quit for 30 days and see what happens.

I really hope I don't sound like a story you have all heard before of a person deluding themself. Or even if you have, I hope I am not. That word hope in this context is not good. I don't think I am deluding myself, but only time and my actions will tell.