View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MesoFreak

@ Fenway, I agree with your second point. I actually drink less at home because I don’t have people buying me drinks when I don’t want them. So at home I may have 2-4 spreadout throughout the day or in one sitting, but somewhere else it may be more because people buy me drinks or offer me more (those that don’t know me). It doesn’t take much for me to say: Okay! Ask me twice if I want a drink more than likely I will take from you after I had a few. I have more control of myself with myself at home than in social settings.

@IndaMiricale, your story hits home because, no offense, that is exactly what I don’t want to happen to me.

@pipparina, I don’t think it is a disease (I think we had a short discussion on this involving a SouthPark episode). I believe this is self-inflected damage like someone that cuts themselves; we know what can happen and its nothing good but we keep on doing it. Disease I believe is like Alzheimer’s, etc. I do believe I need to start treating myself better and cutting the alcohol from my life with support of people that struggle with letting this addiction go.

@Natom, see @Fenway.

@Chardonnay740, just these five words here, “Please don’t pick up again” make me never want to drink again. Thanks. We have issues with this for sure, I know I will need help from people and that is what I will seek.

@Pondlady, thanks for the tip, I will do so immediately

@Krispy87, lets struggle together. Together we are stronger than one... although my outer strength try’s to deceive me that my inner strength can handle it.

@Ken, sea of drinkers: you got that right! It is hard being in college with booze at our disposal so easy. Believe me bro, I don’t want anything else happening to me either.

@2granddaugthers, I will seek help, and thanks for your input. I also want to follow winners and be here five years from now given people like me (now) advice on how to cut this thing out.