Old 10-30-2004, 07:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Green Eyes

Knash: I, too, was the "greatest girl" around and my A/BF bragged about me to whomever would listen to him. We were together for almost three years and then the alcohol really reared its ugly head. He left in June saying that he just wanted to do his own thing, whenever and wherever he pleased without having to "answer to anyone". He is also addicted to his motorcycle and I'm thankful that there is snow on the ground and his bike is parked - now we have to worry about him drinking and driving his truck!

This site helped me so much in realizing that this was not about me at all and that until he admits to himself that he has a problem, I am completely powerless. He chose his addiction over having a life with me. That hurt a lot but I know that I, personally, cannot live a life where I'm constantly worrying about when he is going to be home, how drunk he will be and counting how many times I hear the beer cans open in this house.

Read everything you can get your hands on and try to get to an Al Anon meeting. Good luck to you!