View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GardenMama

At this moment, he is testing every facet of who he knows you to be--faithful and loving? Generous & forgiving? Each one will get its day to be attacked because he is going to do anything to keep you where you are. I was treated the same way, and when I finally had the courage to answer no to that question of "just tell me you don't love me anymore," I finally said, I don't. Then he said that we had "unconditional love"....No, that is the love a healthy parent can have for a child. I, for one, never understood that as part of marital love. If I did, I'd keep subjecting myself to bad behavior forever!! I had to make that distinction in my own heart, and it really strengthened my resolve to end a toxic relationship and do everything I needed to do to care for our daughters. It was the moment that I actually started saving myself and it was one of the healthiest things I ever did. Today I consider it the first part of my recovery journey. Things will get bad, but if you remember to love yourself and coach yourself into a happier future, you will get through it, Faithlove. We are here. Be true and strong and safe.