View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 03:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
Perhaps only background noise, I believe I wrote.
Either way, it's clear you're unhappy and that the actions needed to restore yourself to happiness have to come from you.
Any hope that your significant other will somehow contribute to this while still drinking is pointless.
No "perhaps" about it - I'm pretty sure I was just his background noise.
Unhappy is an understatement. I'm working on getting back to my normal, happy, upbeat self... This black cloud MUST go. Today I went out and hung with my horse after work - it was very theraputic, and if the weather cooperates, I'll ride tomorrow.
I'm amazed at how much all of this insanity has effected me... There is a sense of depression that has held me hostage and kept me from going out and doing things (instead of waiting for him to call) and the less I do for me, the more depressed I'd get... another vicious circle, isnt' it?
I don't expect ANYONE to take responsibility for my happiness - but on the other hand, I guess that means I have to stop blaming him for my UNhappiness too -- the bottom line is that I know I'm the one responsible for how I feel and now that I've extricated myself from this relationship, I'm hoping I can blow past that black cloud and start doing things again that bring me happiness.

Talk is cheap - I hope I can put all of these words to action!