View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sally1009
Sally1009

Hi Linda,
I'm so sorry to hear of your pain and depression. I think you are incredibly brave having remained sober all these years.
I also suffer from severe depression, and it is my biggest trigger for relapse. I too found that stopping drinking did not take my depression away. I joined AA in 2000, and stayed sober for 6 1/2 years, but although most people in AA assured me my depression would get better, it didnt.
I have tried many different antidepressants, including Wellbutrin. That actually made the depression much worse. The only type that work for me are those in the 'atypical' class. I won't recommend a specific one as we are not allowed to suggest medication on this site. But you might ask your doctor about changing your medication.
Yes, it is good to stay active as possible, as depression makes us want to roll into a ball and isolate, at least it does with me. There are days when it is so excrutiating that I can't even get out of bed.
I have heard that depression is very linked to physical pain. Have you been to a pain clinic? Acupuncture helped me tremendously when i had a very painful hip caused by bursitis.
Anyway, I do hope you get some relief soon.
All the best, Sally