View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 03:06 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

Originally Posted by Music
Hi Cadence,
I love it when people ask questions and then answer them in the same post. You have all the clues you need. The understanding??? I don't know about that. I don't know that anyone ever really understands. But, the clues are there. The question is, what are you willing to do about your situation? We have had enough, when we've had enough! You're the only person who knows whether or not you've had enough. Some people just have a deeper threshhold of pain.
Hi Music.
I grew up in the shadow and insanity of my parents' alcoholism - needless to say, my threshhold is pretty high... I have reached the point in my relationship with my A where "enough is enough" but... <sigh> I keep *hoping* that he'll... what... see the light? Have a revelation of sorts? SEE what his drinking is doing??? I dunno -- "in life and in love, hope springs eternal..." I'm a glutton for punishment. In the meantime I sent him a rather scathing letter (again) and I made it clear that I'm done with it all. Being involved with an A brings out the CRAZIES in me... I turn into a completely different person - it's not healthy.