View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:59 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Saskia

Good morning, May boaters!

Sober Day 8 here -yay! I gave in and took a sleeping pill and slept 7 1/2 hours - heavenly!

Tanja, you were an inspiration to me when you stayed sober when you were going through so much pain with your teeth! Hmmm! I wonder if the pain distracts us from thinking about alcohol? However, I wouldn't recommend that as a way to become or stay sober! I also understand being very introverted. I was that way for many, many years. It still takes me longer than many to recharge my batteries and I prefer living alone (with my rescued cat).

Jeni, I understand the "all-or-nothing" approach only too well. It has it's positive side, for example, we tend to never give up but it lacks a healthy balance and can be a source of both achievement and pain. I'm so happy for you and H that you've decided to take regular time together!

Dee, thank you for the info! I will check out that thread, too. I would never think of you as arrogant, disinterested or passive-aggressive! You are unfailingly kind and understated with your posts. You are our rock!

Soleil, I'm happy to be reading more of your positive posts! You sound like you are in a very good place.

Em, enjoy the game write-up and be gentle with yourself!

To the rest of our gallant band of May banditos and banditas, have a really good and sober Monday