View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
tanja

Good Morning May Mates!

FP - So glad to hear that you had a pain free day Walking along the beach with the summer crowd gone sounds idealic. I used to own a townhouse at the beach and sold it in 2010. I really got a kick out the sandpipers. They are so small and cute. I would put my feet in the water and the sandpipers would run away really fast and make me laugh. I also enjoyed feeding the seagulls. Nature and animals - two of my favorite things

Saskia - I am so sorry that you only get 4-5 hours of sleep due to the pain. Yet, you still have the most wonderful positive attitude. I hope your tests go well.

Jeni - I think we are all trying to find balance in our lives. Sobriety can be a full-time job. I am amazed and inspired that you work full-time, tackle sobriety and take care of your family. I practice self-soothing activities on a daily basis. Be it watching a tv show I enjoy, taking a bubble bath, drinking a latte or reading a good book. Because I am an introvert by nature - I need a fair amount of downtime to recharge. Especially after an AA meeting. You are amazing and a great source of inspiration for me

Dee - Thank you so much for devoting so much of your time to helping others. I appreciate the wisdom of knowing that increased urges may come from issues that need to attended to. I am sorry to hear about your health challenges. It is refreshing to know that even you have felt "fed up with recovery" and despite that and all that you have faced that it didn't mean giving up!

I would just like to acknowledge how inspiring FP, Saskia and Dee are to me. Sobriety is difficult enough under ordinary circumstances, but facing it while encountering physical pain is just miraculous