Old 09-28-2012, 12:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MrsDragon

Location: Caucasian;West Coast; Husband sometimes breathes fire; hence his nickname Dragon & mine Mrs. Dragon
You nailed it (parson the pun) TJP: a disposable lover is all he wants right now.

He has told us that he is not looking for a relationship; and said he makes it clear to whoever he is dating. But I know as a woman that kind of talk has the potential to zoom right past - lost behind other emotions, because its oh so easy to convince ourselves 'he doesn't really mean it'. And that is also assuming his opinion of making it clear is Actually Clear; especially suspect if he's high or has been drinking.

Fortunately, Ive always felt that my sons "love life" is his personal responsibility. Its just not something I've ever felt comfortable getting involved in.
Too Much Information !!

No, being asked if I wanted to watch the little dog didn't bother me. I love animals, and being around them makes me happy.

Son handled it very respectfully also. First he called to inquire,then he said he'd tell the girlfriend and they would set up a time to bring the dog over so I could meet it before deciding. The girlfriend said when they drop the dog off in couple days she will bring all it's food, and everything it needs including it's bed, toys, and a couple of special blankets that I can use to protect the furniture. She even said she would leave written notes and the vets number. (She seemed like a responsible dog mommy).

Husband and I don't have an issue with him going on vacation; we hope the change of scenery will actually do him some good. Except it appears to be horrible timing because my husband informed me this morning that he thought he would quit his job today and take me to Hawaii to celebrate, but oops cant go he realized - we have to watch some girls dog for 10 days so our son can get some rest and relaxation. So he surrendered his dream and went to the office; mumbling about the burdens of responsibility. Half serious, but half joking I know because he truly loves his work.

I wanted to use the thank-you button on the replies; but mine doesnt seem to work; so thank-you.