Old 09-28-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by Sungrl View Post
Postpone the trip. Have the dog tended to. I'm sure you received more love and happiness from your pooch then the AH anyway. This isn't about him. Care for your dog before you leave.
I would love to do this, but I can't pull my son out of this tennis tournament. My son is the number 1 seed in this tournament for the first time in his tennis career. If I pull him out he gets penalized and I am out the entry fee, 1 night of hotel costs, and he'd mess up the draws on the tournament director. Basically, it'd be a nightmare but not impossible and we'd ruffle quite a few feathers in Texas! I was considering calling the vet and scheduling it for later while AH is here.

I spoke to my AH and he said he will do what is humane if he feels she is suffering. The vet told us that there is no harm in allowing her to live for a few more days so he took that statement and ran with it, so to speak. He was much more compassionate this AM and told me he will consider putting her down later today if he can get the vet up here(and if the dog starts whining and crying again). The vet told us that we shouldn't move her so we're definitely going to have a traveling vet put her down here at the house. Right now, she's resting and is more responsive than she was yesterday. Hopefully the fluids will keep her comfortable until it's time and either AH does it or I do when I get back.