Thread: Headed out
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

Headed out

I'm heading out this morning for a Spiritual Weekend in Oregon. I am so looking forward to a weekend to concentrate on me and my own spiritual journey.

My dear son continues to struggle in his addiction. He is homeless but currently staying with sober friends and going to meetings. He's slowly learning that the people in NA and AA are such good people who understand his struggle and they can help him if/when he really wants help. He wants desperately to come live with my husband and I and has pulled some pretty heavy manipulations to try to make that happen. I've made it very clear that it is not an option and that is not negotiable. We've had some good conversations lately and some tough ones. Time will always reveal more.

But for right now.......my mission is to concentrate on me for the next three days and enjoy the company of others on this journey. My cup has felt "less than full" for a couple of months now. I'm hoping that this will fill my spiritual cup to the brim and maybe spill over a little bit. Is that greedy? I guess it's not if the spillage is light that can be shared with others.

Peace to all of you. Even though I've been rather quiet lately.....each one of you and your loved ones continue to be in my prayers daily.

gentle hugs
ke