Headed out

Old 09-28-2012, 07:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Headed out

I'm heading out this morning for a Spiritual Weekend in Oregon. I am so looking forward to a weekend to concentrate on me and my own spiritual journey.

My dear son continues to struggle in his addiction. He is homeless but currently staying with sober friends and going to meetings. He's slowly learning that the people in NA and AA are such good people who understand his struggle and they can help him if/when he really wants help. He wants desperately to come live with my husband and I and has pulled some pretty heavy manipulations to try to make that happen. I've made it very clear that it is not an option and that is not negotiable. We've had some good conversations lately and some tough ones. Time will always reveal more.

But for right now.......my mission is to concentrate on me for the next three days and enjoy the company of others on this journey. My cup has felt "less than full" for a couple of months now. I'm hoping that this will fill my spiritual cup to the brim and maybe spill over a little bit. Is that greedy? I guess it's not if the spillage is light that can be shared with others.

Peace to all of you. Even though I've been rather quiet lately.....each one of you and your loved ones continue to be in my prayers daily.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-28-2012, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

OH Kindeyes, I am so happy for you! Sounds like an awesome weekend and having you there will make it even better for the others who are going.

I continue to keep you and your son in my prayers. Love and miss your presence here on SR. I pray your cup fills and flows over.

God knows your heart, he knows your struggles! Trust him to carry you through this!!

God Bless!! xoxox
Old 09-28-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is never greedy to take care of yourself.

**MY CUP RUNNETH OVER…WHAT COMES OUT OF THE CUP IS FOR YOU, WHAT’S IN THE CUP IS MINE. I’VE GOT TO KEEP MY CUP FULL. - Iyanla Vanzant

I hope you have a wonderful trip . . sounds exciting : )

(((Big Hugs)))
Old 09-28-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Kindeyes, I can not begin to tell you how much my husband's NA friends have been such a big support for him. They want to see him embrace his recovery at all cost. One man who has sponsored many over the years and has over 20 yrs of sobriety has been such a blessing for him and even me. I pray your son is getting the same opportunity. Addicts helping other addicts is how it has to be. We know we can not help them.

Enjoy your weekend, knowing God is with you and your son. I am praying his sober friends are a Godsend!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Enjoy your weekend!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

KE,

Enjoy your weekend. I pray it brings you serenity, renewed strength and spirit and hopefully even some great laughs - you deserve it all.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dear KE, go and enjoy the time to be filled up. Sounds like a lovely weekend.
Hugs and Prayers to you and your family,
TT
Old 09-28-2012, 04:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I hope this weekend helps you to recharge your spiritual batteries. It sounds like just what you need right now, so enjoy your weekend and come back renewed in spirit.

Hugs
Old 09-28-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Blessings to you on your weekend to renew, refresh, recharge. When the batteries are low, it's time to plug into your HP.

May you be filled with the peace that is beyond all of our understanding.

Healing prayers for your dear son.

Ellen
Old 09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm back. I just experienced one of the most amazing weekends of my life. Just....wow.

My cup is full and I am so excited to take the energy that was so freely shared with me back to my home group.....and beyond. All I can say is that if anyone here ever gets the opportunity to go to a weekend retreat sponsored by Nar-Anon........do it.

We were led through all 12 Steps in two days. Although it was a crash course, those who were new to the steps received wonderful guidance and insight from those who had been through them before. And those who had been through the steps before had the opportunity to revisit them through fresh eyes. The energy, love, and inspiration was simply amazing.

We talk about the tools we gather to cope with the addiction of a loved one. Well, I just got a shopping spree in the Nar-Anon equivalent of Home Depot!

gentle hugs
ke
Old 09-30-2012, 09:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, welcome back!

I am so glad you got your cup filled with your spiritual retreat. It's never selfish to go tank up with spiritual juju! I get it every Sunday morning in church.

Your posts mean so much to me. And, I admire you for standing strong when your son begs to come live with you and your husband. That takes tremendous strength and clear insights.

I may have to come over the bridge and come to your Nar-Anon meeting there!

A mini Home Depot shopping spree

with compassion,

Peaceandgrace
Old 09-30-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

p&g
You are always welcome at our meeting. We are in the early talking stages of starting another meeting on your side.....hopefully after the first of the year. I'll keep you posted.
gentle hugs
ke
Old 10-01-2012, 05:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Kindeyes, please keep me posted on starting another meeting on this side of the bridge.

I am amazed at how often the response to my sharing my son's addiction is: so is my grandson; so is my sister; so was my father.

The need is clearly here.

with compassion,

Peaceandgrace