Thread: Situation Now
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
washbe2

Situation Now

I did not go to the hospital for the procedure my son was having. I spoke with the nurses' station and was told it was a rather common test.

Then today more information came out about test results. Seems the leaky heart valve, the aorta, is rather serious and he needs open heart surgery to replace the valve. It cannot be repaired. The problem with this is the infection.

The infection in his bloodstream is still unknown and has been sent to state lab. No results yet. A valve replacement also means foreign material placed in the body, which also increases chance of infection.

Doctors want to send him home with another pic line. There were so many issues with it last time, and it wound up being removed. Also they could not find home health care to take him as a patient. He can't go home with pic line without the HHC. The doctors want him to be on antibiotics for a month or so and then have the surgery in 4-6 weeks.

He is quite down and expressed a willingness to undergo a new experimental method of this surgery so he could "do something good on his way out".

I don't want him to go home to the unsanitary conditions he lives in. I hope they don't find home care. Also the exGF is coming home and has been talking with him. They are not good for each other, but a little bit of me wants her to move in and help care for him. If anything happens to him, I'd gladly leave her the trashy camper if she could make all of this easier.

But what i want doesn't matter. i can't control it or cure it. I just pray for wisdom and peace during the next few months and commmon sense to keep my mouth closed and a miracle healing of all ills for son...that's all.