Old 09-26-2012, 02:31 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Hi! Welcome. My son's father is a master manipulator. I ended up changing my phone number. That and threatening to call the police if he ever came around me when he was high was just enough to discourage him from contacting me and his son. It's been three years... and I couldn't be happier about it. Sometimes my son is sad about his dad, but I tell him "I know you love him. And I'm sure it makes you sad he's not around. But your daddy is sick. His sickness affects his brain. It causes him to make bad choices. That's why he left. And there's nothing we can do to help him. But someday when you grow up, you'll be a much better daddy than him, because you'll understand how important it is to be there for your children."

I regret EVER putting him on my child's birth certificate and if I could turn back the hands of time and take him off I would. It causes all kinds of issues with traveling out of country and passports and the like. It's the tie that just can't be removed and it hangs over my head constantly.

My ex doesn't pay his child support anyway. And being behind on child support is the least of his problems.