View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 06:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Jade1224

thanks msking, I feel better and I do think I'm going to do 90 days sober and see how I feel. wow, I'm already having regrets about saying that. I do believe eventually I can have a few drinks and quit. i've done it many times before. however, right now in this time in my life it's dangerous. i'm not sure whats causing me to binge drink. the truth is, if i'm really honest with myself after the second drink, i realize i dont EVEN WANT ONE! it's like having a third piece of chocolate cake. i know i'm not even going to enjoy it.

Originally Posted by Lionhearted1 View Post
one thing from your post is you say you used to be an alcoholic, you are or you are not just like you are allergic to nuts or you are not!!

i have heard people say this and it must be true for most people but what about others? i read a post on here where a girl asked a question of "does it get easier?" and a bunch of people stated that they don't even want to drink anymore. can't alcoholism be cured? i don't believe people that are 20 years sober are walking around thinking about a beer all day... are they? please clarify! thanks