View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
fallingtogether

Unhappy Awaiting the phone call....

As you may remember in one of my previous posts, my grandfather is very sick. Went into er presenting gall bladder issues. Surgery was last Monday night. Had to cut open, no laparoscope, gall bladder had perforated, was gangrene ans created a small hole in his small intestine. It's been a very long sad week. He has since developed pneumonia, his bowels won't wake up, might be twisted? Might have a stone blocking them.....cat scan scheduled for tomorrow morning. I got a phone call from my uncle tonight that it was bad. His breathing is terrible, very very loud and labored. he has a fever, he's tired and he's ready to give up. He told us tonight that he is telling the dr tomorrow morning that he wants unhooked from everything. Myself and rest of family just taking it hour by hour. I'm almost hoping that since we all left the hospital, that he will just let go and be reunited with my mother, who passed away 31 years ago, last Friday. I should really try to sleep right now, but my mind won't stop racing. Anyways, I just really needed to share this. Thanks for reading and I will keep you posted.