View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Chickadees

Good Question L2L

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
The way I read your post, you don't sound CoD to me. You sound independent and accomplished and like you know what you want, except that you got involved with an A, and since you moved you feel lonely and vulnerable. What do you suppose you are dependent on him for??
Truth is...I'm not dependent on him for much. At most, he filled a void (loneliness) that only arose since I move from my most favourite neighbourhood and I was feeling a little isolated. He did a great job of filling in the gaps for me after I moved...he was around, he fixed things, he moved things. And I enjoyed his company, was comforted by his familiarness and his connection to my old neighbourhood. Soon enough I started to miss him, like a 'real' lover in a 'real' relationship. And then I started thinking/feeling things for him and started to want and wish for more of that.

What I've learned...I need to take care of my need for social time now that I'm a little farther away from my usual fixes (i.e. I could walk out my door at anytime, chat with neighbours for a minute or an hour, then happily go back inside and go about my day). Now I need to plan for that...on Friday after work for instance, or Saturday morning with friends over coffee.

I've also learned that although I've been good at avoiding or ignoring it, I still do want a partner to enjoy life with. My AFWB awakened feelings I had either long ago buried or just plain learned to 'forget about.' I still have hope that I will meet someone who I can have a healthy relationship with. I need to make more of an effort to put myself in situations where there is potential of meeting that person. I've even been considering internet dating (yikes!) .

So maybe my AFWB served a purpose for me. Maybe these are lessons I needed to learn and maybe this was life's way of telling me so (I'm a little stubborn, so of course a little nudge in that direction wasn't going to work

Anyway...thanks L2L, and to everyone else here. If I'm a codie or not, the lessons I'm continuing to learn about myself and my own 'issues' are priceless.

Good Roads,
Chick

Last edited by Chickadees; 09-24-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: hear to here