View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
newby1961
Trudging that road.

Smile Relapse Prevention by Terry Gorsky

Great topic as a matter of fact I went to a treatment center near Yakima WA called Sundown -M- Ranch and one of their groups they put people in was called relapse prevention of course that was where I went. At the time though the only reason I was glad to be going into that one was cause it was the only group that was not segregated lol. I could talk to men and not get into trouble like people did in all the other groups.
Anyway we worked out of a workbook by Terry Gorski Relapse Prevention I urge anyone that wants to learn about triggers look it up. Ah Google a persons best friend.
What I found fascinating was all the steps that lead up to a relapse or all my triggers if you will. They had us put them down on index cards so we could see our pattern. One of mine was still trying to go to bars to just play pool or dance. Yeah right but at the time I really believed that was why I was going I was lonely. Like another post relationships were also a big one for me. God I could go on & on cause I have so many triggers but the difference today is I have a God who protects me and battles those so-called triggers.

Last edited by newby1961; 09-24-2012 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Add more.