View Single Post
Old 10-28-2004, 02:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Cadence57
Barn Goddess

Originally Posted by hope2bhappy
Still no opinion, but I was struck by something you said... he doesn't drive because he doesn't have a license? Mine just kept driving anyway WITHOUT a license! I figured this was a common thing for A's to do. I mean, they already take the risk of drinking and driving -- so (they think) who needs a license? They'll just drive anyway. Have you ever heard of this? I thought this was what they did. I don't understand. Is this not a common pattern? Why would they suddenly start obeying the "rules of the road?"
My A (b/f) lost his license in CA for DUI. He moved across the country to NJ and, because they never physically TOOK his license from him (or they did and he high-tailed it to MT to get a new one before it hit the system -- something I would not put past him), he continued to drive (and drink) while here in NJ. He was VERY fortunate (or not) that he never got caught. Once his license expired he was forced to sit out the period of his suspension (which was only six months).

He now has his license back and, no doubt, will get behind the wheel drunk again.