View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
zjw

You have to take a deep breath and handle what you can handle. Like another said coming here asking for help is a good first start. its something YOU need to do and mom and dad may not be able to coddle you through it or help as much as say AA could or something.

You have to find balance in your life and take on the things you can handle and not take on the things that you cannot.

What I mean by that is while I was drinking i was practicly superman I could take on anything and drink the stress away. After I quit I realized my life needed to be toned down some I had to get some balance in place and only take on the problems / situations I was capable of handling and let the rest go. Some of those changes where big some not as big. I'm still restructureing so that things are easier for me to cope. I found you take away my booze you take away my ability to take on more stuff and cope with anything. The only solution since drinking was not a solution was to get more order and balance into my life and do my best to only take on the things i could handle. Realize that i'll always have problems but i can do my best to try and not create more then i can handle.