Old 09-21-2012, 03:13 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
sesh

So sorry this is happening to you.

I just wanted to second what LTD said.
I believe what your heart telling you now is true. Your emotions are likely to go up and down, but please try to remember what you know now.

When I left my husband, it was really hard for awhile, but I knew I musn't lose the sight of what I knew in my heart to be true. And I knew I couldn't live that life any longer. Since than my life became so much better. I became myself more than I ever was. And I can tell you I am a very happy person today.
(is just so happened that soon afterwards my RAH sobered up, started working on his recovery like his life depends on it - as it literaly was - and a year later we got back together - but my wellbeing and happiness didn't come from that - it came long before as I stayed true to myself and to what I believe is acceptable in my life and what is not).

We never know what the future might bring, but I believe that if we stay true to ourselves, if we honor and respect ourselves, and if we take nothing less from others, that the future will grant us with good lives.

You're doing a right thing, for yourself and your kids (and at the end of the day for your AH too, since you're letting him deal with the consenquences of his actions - but what he choses to do about it is his thing)

I wish you well