View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
KnowHope
Recoveringed

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
fenway, yer only gonna attract someone as sick as yerself and until you make getting sober the most important thing in yer life, nothig else is gonna matter. i think if you look at where you are now, you will see that is happening.

how i got the help was to go to an AA meeeting. when it was my time to share, which i didnt hav to, i said," im tom. im an alcoholic and i cant take it anymore." its all i could say and i broke down. i didnt have to say any more. the ones there that went before me knew.
i highly suggeststart goin to AA and open up. it is free and the help is tremendous. i knew that my thinkin got me where i was so my thinkin wasnt gonna help anymore. dont compare the drinkin thing. listen for the thinkin thing, get phone numbers, call people in recovery, get a big book, get a sponsor, and work the steps. give it T.I.M.E. and you will get weller. it works if ya work it so work it yer worth it!
alcohol is but a symptom of a much deeper problem.
IMO, dump the boyfriend and get a better higher power, one that will help you with your problems.
Here, here.

AA is how what I thought nearly the worst thing that could ever happen to me has become one of the greatest gifts of my life. This journey is about far, far more than just not drinking.

If you've got the willingness to go to any lengths for your recovery, the solution that has worked miracles for me is also within your reach.