View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
stairs
...not falling down them

Hi

Thanks HFA, ebshot, Grace, stevie, WTH, nuway, Panacea, Slimslim, and Dee for the congratulations on a month! I got my keytag, it is bright orange like roadworker orange? and I put it on my keys this morning in place of the white one.

stevie, I walked yesterday with an umbrella which I sometimes used as a wind shield, it began raining more heavily with some gusty wind when I was about ten minutes into the walk. But, I like that sort of thing.

ebshot, I see nothing wrong with starting out with a text, you are still reaching out.

Bruce, Ugh, I attended a "victim impact panel" a few years ago which featured 2 speakers, one a guard there at the courthouse who had lost his daughter aged 19 to a drunk driver and the other a woman who had lost her ability to walk and other health issues ongoing as a result of the whole incident, it really is horrible and I like you am very fortunate never to have experienced it from either side.

LLGold, I like what your mom said. We used to say, "just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you". Lol.

Grace, glad you are wearing more than sweater and boots as I imagine that would be rather chilly lol. For Sweeties birthday, I got some cute socks that say "rock star" and the like, some just colorful, 6 pair, and a princess song book that has a keyboard built in with the notes written on the keys, a couple pretty necklaces, a couple dvds from her dad and he is looking for an mp3 player or something. She has a quarter sized Yamaha acoustic guitar and is pretty good. She has also been known to provide the entertainment singing into the cafeteria mic at school lunch time...lol. She's a real character, had the principal giving her gum and the counselor up dancing around her office....lol....she has Downs Syndrome and is a trip and a half.
I will make her cake tomorrow while she is at school- chocolate with chocolate confetti frosting- then we are picking up our older daughter and all going to a candlelight meeting.

Soooo things are okay, the meeting sort of s*cked actually but sometimes it's like that. My ex offered to stay home and let me go to the meeting tonight where usually he insists on going and I stay home. The home health aide who comes over leaves at 8 so I have to be back before then...btw she is driving me crazy and I know it's more me than her...so I'm glad I get to escape again tonight and hit the meeting.
Thursday I take my car in to get an estimate so soon I will have my own wheels back and can just escape to the bookstore or whatnot for an hour to get away from hha who I like but also sort of resent, another woman in my kitchen etc. When I was drinking it was great. lol. Now I'm getting soberer and it's starting to be...not so great.

Sorry for the ramble.

K I am off to finish my coffee and walk. Sleep wasn't the greatest last night so I'm not into it too much but doing it anyway.