View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Miller05

thanks....i guess from some of the posts...the people willing to forgive their spouses seem to be forigiving a LOT of crap...cheating, DV, lies, manipulation, and years of the addict acting like a damn fool.

if the addict is trying to get his **** together...then is all of the past heartache...just "forgiven/forgotten" simply because he was an addict and it was "addict behavior?"

for me, my husband cheated and he is an addict. the 2 things are completely separate.

however, when i went to my nar anon meeting this week, they told me that all their spouses acted the same way...even stole from them...like their wedding rings!

so now, they are reconciling after he went to rehab.....so does he get a pass for stealing her ring because he was sick? does he get a pass for cheating on her with some crack ho? does he get a pass for spending up the money in the bank and putting their house in foreclosure?

just seems soooooooooo convienent to me that they can just say..."the drugs made me do it."

i guess i just needed some clarification on exactly what makes an addict worth keeping after all the ****????