View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 05:08 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Panacea

Congratulations Stairs on 30! And an early congratulations to Stevie on a month tomorrow! This is fantastic!
Erica, I am glad you and your sponsor are simpatico and that you are feeling comfortable with the process...it is hard not to be competitive - even in recovery!
LLG - your soup sounds lovely! I have been a cooking demon as well...I have always enjoyed food and cooking and even held the delusion that I was a great cook/foodie -- ironically, my skills had seemed to left me since I stoped drinking -- either that or the liquor/wine made everything taste better than it really was. My family has been fairly patient with my culinary misteps.....thank goodness.
WTH - like you, I have been busy with work and but running on empty due to insomnia. Sleep is getting a bit easier - but I am still waking up multiple times a night. Work is crazy and I have several projects coming due in a few days that are fairly important. Crossing my fingers that all goes well. Thank goodness I am not longer fuzzed out with alcohol. hopefully my work will also show new clarity.
Although I have not been posting, I have been reading and cheering you all on. You all are ever present in my mind as I go about my day. I feel so fortunate to have found this group and feel as if we are on a journey.

Take care all - Panacea