Old 09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
yogachic

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
That's why the alcoholics have their own board. This board is for the friends and family of alcoholics. I am an alcoholic and it doesn't bother me one bit that others call alcoholics selfish. Because I stopped drinking, realized the harm I had caused, and have worked to make amends. If it bothers you that the people you've tortured with selfishness think you're selfish, maybe you should post about that on the alcoholics forum.
Cool, I respect your views and yes, I am new here so maybe this isn't the correct part of the forum for me. I thought that maybe sharing my personal experiences and ideas might expand your wisdom/strength on the topic, if you heard a few various POV's. I def feel your anger and upset by having to constantly worry about someone else's health and safety. I've spent many an early morning deciding whether to start calling local hospitals, prisons, etc over my X and our situation. And it is truly a miserable and very draining experience, no doubt.

I truly wish you the best for your life - sounds like you've had some tough experiences and I hope that you can find peace very soon.