View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
lifewithoutbooz
A girl can dream...

Morning all,

Great posts last night and this morning! I'm also feeling pretty good - took some Melatonin when I got home from my meditation class last night and slept OK.

My hubby promised not to drink (much) last night while I was at class. I actually believed him so I was able to focus on the task at hand. I phoned to say I was on my way home and when he didn't answer I had a flood of old feelings come back. I knew when I got home I'd find him slumped in bed, passed out with the TV on.

I was looking forward to teling him about my class but it all got washed down the drain. It took me five tries to wake him and when he was finally 'semi' coherent he had the nerve to lie to me and say he had only one glass of wine.

Normally I would have been REALLY upset but this calm came over me. I realized it's time for me to stop worrying about everything and everybody and start looking after myself. I have more resolve to not drink now than I ever had before. Your posts last night and this AM have helped solidify it even more too.

Have a wonderful sober day everyone!