Thread: Time to stop.
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ls1dan

Thanks for the replies. I should have given a bit more detail in my first post.

I should have mentioned I have already seen the doctor twice and was prescribed valium to help me sleep. It had little to no effect at all I was awake all night for two nights. I have been diagnosed with a fatty liver and high blood pressure (family history). I have an additive personality by nature and would like to avoid replacing on thing with another as I have stopped the valium as it had not effect.

I think Ill just have to go cold turkey and rough it out. I was just seeing if there were other ways out there as this is the first time I have tried to stop. My drinking is more of a habit. I never think of it during the day and only really started drinking in the first place to help me get a good night sleep. It started with just a couple of beers and has escalated over the years.

During the first few days are there any signs or ways I can monitor myself to see if things are worse than they may seem.

I have now realised it is time to give it away. I have a week off work to do so and hopefully I can over come the worst of it in that time before returning.

Reading some other peoples experiences before joining the forum it seems it might be a long road but it is one I will have to travel.

Any further advice or recommendations would be much appreciated and will keep browsing in the mean time

Thanks again.