Thread: I am a newcomer
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 08:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DisplacedGRITS
Crazy Cat Lady

well, i think asking if someone wants to go watch other drunk people isn't a great way to phrase "lets have an evening out." it makes it seem like your focus is on what you can't have instead of what you should be enjoying. you're not out there to watch drunk people, are you? aren't you there to enjoy the bands, the food, the booths? so why would you say that? i understand you were probably trying to make a joke but perhaps it was in bad taste especially since you don't know how someone else's sobriety is going. it was lacking tact, if i may be so blunt. i think your sponsor is concerned that that slip of the tongue is perhaps an insight to what you're really feeling. are you still harboring a grudge against "normals" because you can't partake or have you really come to terms with the fact that that is no longer your lifestyle? harboring that resentment is a hard thing to let go of and it's so ingrained and toxic that until you learn to release it it's like a ticking time bomb on your sobriety. that's my take on it at least. i hope it helps.