Thread: I am a newcomer
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberbrooke
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Question I am a newcomer

I have 8 months of sobriety, and my sponsor, who I listen to, told me today that I still don't have the first step down. I am going to a meeting, and I will read yalls responses when I return.
I texted another friend that is in AA with me and asked her if she wanted to go to the Wine Festival with me and watch the other drunk people. There are bands, and lots of food, booths, etc.... I know that some people from AA will have some booths there, so I was thinking it won't be a problem.
My friend told me she relapsed over the weekend.
So - I immediately called my sponsor, and told her what I said to my friend. That is when she told me I really don't have the First Step down yet. I love and appreciate everything my sponsor does for me, and I really listen to her.
I am only making about 2 meetings a week right now, every now and then 3. I am working hard at a new job, and I am so tired after work, that I just want to come home and relax. I did my 90 in 90, actually for about 6 months I went every day. Now, I am starting to feel like I don't need to go to as many, that since "I got it", I really have it!
I want to know how many of you felt the same way, that once you got it, you got it. I am going to start to go to as many meetings as possible again, because I know that Meeting makers make it, but I just want to go to 2 or 3 a week!!!!!

I am about to leave, but I will read this when I get back.