Thread: Thank You SR!!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Mark75

Originally Posted by Vall View Post
how much did you drink etc and what made you want to stop?
I have a post in the Stories of Recovery section which I wrote 3 years ago, I should probably update it... That would mean I have to read it and I hate reading old posts... ... Anyway, I was addicted to stimulants and sleeping pills for years. I was a heavy daily drinker, occasional blackouts, I thought I was high functioning... well, that is always a lie... I stopped the pills on my own, but not soon enough to escape notice by people with scary ID cards and badges... My first "Higher Power"... LOL... I went to treatment to save my career... not because I wanted to... My desire at first was to save my @ss, I didn't want recovery as I understood recovery at the time.

Desire grew over time and now I am, mostly, Happy, Joyous and Free, especially that last thing...

Originally Posted by Sapling View Post
It must be awesome to hunt with alcoholics that don't drink!!!
It is actually, very awesome... for so many reasons....

Oh yea, we also go skiing... sometimes we get as many as 6 guys from my home group for an awesome night of skiing... We say the serenity prayer on the lifts... no, just kidding... LOL... though a lot of E,S & H gets shared there...