Thread: Thank You SR!!
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mark75

Thank You SR!!

Today I have not picked up a drink or a pill for 4 years!

I use the 12 steps of AA to navigate the waters of life on life's terms... SR is an important and integral part of helping me make sense of AA and recovery in general. I have a sponsor and an amazing home group. I post often (perhaps too often ) here on SR, I have made many friends here, follow travelers in recovery... I also have made many friends IRL at my home group, I don't go every day to AA, about twice a week... but I go early and stay late. I have attended music festivals, gone hunting and fishing and have rode bicycles with my friends in AA, and continue to do so.

AA is spiritual program and I do my best to pray when I need to, and even when I don't... I do not pray to a deity, but rather God, as I understand him.

SR has been responsible for much personal and spiritual growth. I feel that I learn a little more about myself and others every time I come here, to read and post. I have learned a lot about methods of recovery that are not AA, particularly AVRT... and I have found it useful in my own life.

I posted here in newcomers... because I am not celebrating so much as letting you know that you can do it... one CAN recover and have a happy and content life... But it takes work, for me, well, a lot of work... Looking back, putting the cup and pills down was the easy part, though it didn't seem that way at first. And of course I post today to say:

Thank you!