View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
bumble

Originally Posted by soberjim View Post
Soberformyson....I know it is hard....Rationally we know given enough time it will get better, but that doesn't change how we feel in the moment does it?Jim
Thanks, soberjim. Lot's of regrets, too, and it's hard being patient.

JimUK, Martin: good idea about the gym! It fell by the wayside when the drinking increased...Going to start going again! I know I felt a lot better when I was going.

DeepBreath, SFMS: as others have said: we have no choice but to take it bit by bit.

Kelle, I hear you about the weekend. Going to try to channel my fear into something more productive: determination. Or, at least, formulating a PLAN (ie, I will attend my friend's birthday potluck brunch because it's safe, and skip the "evening out" because it's not....). I hope you have a plan; everyone with far more days than me has stressed the importance of having a plan - and a support system! (yay, SR!!!).

SoberJim and Marjoram: hooray for Day 2!

JimUK: your son sounds like he possesses sensitivity and tact already - I'm sure he got that from someone!! ;-)

IHEN: hope your daughter has a lovely birthday!

Benice, Jaz, Boozefree, and all other dear classmates: I'm thinking of you, even if I can't yet quite reel off all of your names off the top of my head (yet!). We can do tonight, and Friday night, and Saturday night, and all the hours in between!!