View Single Post
Old 09-13-2012, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SunnyFlower

The "Fun" Begins....

The "fun" begins...I knew it had to happen sometime.

Rehab last night...I spilled part of my "guts". I took up most of the 1st hour talking about myself.

I have held so much in for so many years that it was a big relief to get it out, however...now that part of "the cat is out of the bag", it's time for me to start working. This is the reason why I chose rehab...to unlock the doors in my mind that have held me captive for so long. I'm scared and nervous about it right now, but I know it's got to be done.

To make a long story short...After all I said in the group meeting...the counselor suggested I work on "resentment", Oh Man! Of all the things to work on first, (I told the couselor), "this one repells me, so it must mean it's what I need first". She said, "You got it!".
I recieved my treatment plan last night also...Working on the 12 Steps, thankfully I'm already working on that and somewhat familiar with the steps.

The past 12 days I have kept myself so busy just to keep myself from taking that first drink (also to keep me from feeling any pain) all the while knowing that the time would come when I would have to allow myself to feel it in order to overcome it, deal with it, let it go...Well that time is now. So, from here out I'll probably be crying on your cyber shoulders, .

I'm so glad you are all here! Thanks for all the support you have already given and for what more I know I'll recieve!!!

Laura