View Single Post
Old 10-22-2002, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Raj
Paused

I started drinking because I just became too lonely and was tired of adjusting to it. I kept drinking because the alcohol created bad circumstances which I had to keep drinking to block out. That probably sums up my alcoholism, though i am the rambling type who could go on for pages on it if i had to. With an ever clearing head, i don't feel the need, and am comfortable just dealing with the essence of it, which is what i just described.

As for free alcohol, I learned at a wedding this past summer that even if I don't pay for it with money, there is most definitely a major price attached. For me, it was picking a fight with my parents on purpose (something that had never happened before), and making a fool of myself in public.

Being a cheapskate at heart, I find it hard to turn down free stuff, especially that which normally costs a pretty penny such as booze. However, at this point and with all I've learned about myself and my alcoholism, from now on booze will the be the one freebie i ignore.

By the way, i only have two months sobriety so the future is unpredictable but i do kind of hope i never reach the level of success where free quality booze is everywhere. because despite what i just said, i imagine it is hell to resist.