View Single Post
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
jennikate

I am an athiest and had a real problem at first with the spirituality concept. Then someone talked about how alcohol was stronger than them. They then pointed out that for the many sober people in the rooms, something had been able to help them become and stay sober. So I was able to take that idea, that people using whatever HP they could find, were able to rid themselves of the insanity and obsession, and began using the rooms and the people of the rooms as a HP.
Not only that I realized I was wasting a lot of time and energy fighting something that really wasn't about me. People don't talk about god to **** me off (even though it sometimes did) but because it is what helped them get better. And I want to hear about everything that helped someone. Some of those things have been tremendously helpful, others not as much. Either way I try to listen with willingness and an open mind and to get as much as I can from each meeting.
BTW, good luck with your detox. Did two out of three inpatient. Sucks at first but remember, you only have to do it once.